Our Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
You agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Terms and Conditions Agreement with respect to our site www.montefortunacigars.com. This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between Us www.montefortunacigars.com and the Client, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to www.montefortunacigars.com, the content, products or services provided by or through the website, and the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended by us at any time and from time to time without specific notice to the Client.
- www.montefortunacigars.com doesn’t market or sell tobacco products to persons under the age of 18 (or the minimum age in your local jurisdiction, whichever is higher). By placing an order on our website, you swear and affirm under penalty of perjury that you are or the person in your order receiving the shipment of tobacco products from www.montefortunacigars.com is over the age of 18 (or the minimum age in your local jurisdiction, whichever is higher). It is unlawful to attempt to purchase cigars below the minimum age. By clicking on any of the product links on the website, the Client is confirming that he/she is of legal age in his location of residence, and agrees that as part of the ordering process his age may be verified in available age verification databases. If you are not of legal age, use of our website is prohibited.
- Cigar Smoking is considered hazardous to your health. Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, and May Complicate Pregnancy. Smoking by Pregnant Women May Result in Fetal Injury, Premature Birth and Low Birth Weight. Cigar Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide. Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health. www.montefortunacigars.com shall have no liability to you or any third party for adverse health effects from usage of tobacco products.
- We reserve the right to reject or cancel any order for any reason. No order shall be binding on www.montefortunacigars.com until we accept and confirm. You will receive a notification by email once you complete the checkout. All orders are subject to confirmation by us. An order is not confirmed until we have verified with the warehouse that we still have the item(s) in stock. If we don’t have the product in stock at the time of purchase, we will inform you accordingly.
- The Client confirms by submitting the order that (i) any credit card information he/she supplies is true, correct and complete, (ii) charges incurred by him/her will be honored by your credit card company, and (iii) he/she will pay the charges incurred by him/her at the posted prices, including any shipping fees and applicable taxes. Your billing information must match the information on your credit card statement. If it does not match, your order may be delayed, during the verification process.
- The contents of this website are copyrighted by www.montefortunacigars.com. All the content within this website including, but not limited to text, images, and coding are the property of www.montefortunacigars.com and protected by International Copyright and Trademark laws. No content may be copied or reproduced in any form, hosted elsewhere online, or utilized in any means without the explicit written permission of www.montefortunacigars.com
- Our merchant processor is a leading, secure and reliable international payment service provider to banks and online merchants since 2000. Customers’payment details are securely transmitted to the acquiring bank, card and payment companies for real-time transaction authorisation using 256-bit Extended Validation Certificates (EV) SSL transaction encryption. Our merchant processor supports CVV/CVC check as well as 3-D secure authentication of Visa namely: Verified By VISA for added security protection for both customers and merchant
- The Hong Kong Branch Office Address is the following:
Inter Agency Limited
Unit 1603, 16th Floor
The L. Plaza 367 – 375
Queen’s Road Central Sheung Wan
Phone Number: 8175 6099
- Montefortuna Cigars is based in a Tax Free zone in Switzerland. All cigars are imported from Cuba to Geneva. All orders are shipped from Geneva
- Shipping will have an additional cost unless a certain amount of cigars are ordered. In any other cases shipping costs will apply as per the checkout window.
- Great care is taken in packing in order to protect both the box and the cigars. All boxes are inspected before shipping for quality control. The client has the right to request his box not to be open through the comment section of the order, however doing this forfeits the right to request a refund in case of damaged products.
- Our cigars are sent to you in their original boxes from our temperature/humidity regulated humidors in hermetically sealed packaging in order to preserve freshness. Loose cigars are packed in reusable humidifying pouches.
- The cigars are sent through local courier with delivery time averaging 3 – 14 working days. You may also choose express delivery at an additional cost. Find below more information about each shipping method:
SHIPPING METHODS AVAILABLE:
This is the shipping method used for orders that qualify for Free Shipping. It takes approximately 10-20 business days. This method does not include a tracking code, meaning, that if the package gets lost, delivered to another address, or gets damaged, Montefortuna Cigars is not liable for it and our “Guaranteed Delivery Terms” will not be applicable.
When the order qualifies for Free Shipping, the upgrade to the Priority method will be available for $10.
This shipping method takes approximately 8-10 business days and INCLUDES tracking code, meaning that, if the package gets lost, delivered to another address, or any damage, Montefortuna Cigars will apply the “Guaranteed Delivery Terms” .
From Montefortuna Cigars, we encourage everyone to use the PRIORITY method.
IMPORTANT: In case you select the Economy and the order is returned to us, you will be able to request a refund based on our refund policies.
More Information about Shipping
- It is not possible for us to guarantee mailing times as this is out of our control.
- Please note that any other tariffs, customs duty, etc, shall be paid by the person placing the order and that these costs vary from country to country, We are not liable for the costs your country of residence may impose on your order. If you would return the cigars in this case we would charge for the shipping and handling costs incurred plus a 40€ administrative fee.
- A tracking code will be issued upon order placement (Only by selecting Priority shipping method) . You can contact our support team through email and live chat to request an update. However with the tracking code you should be able to check it in the given tracking code website.
- Shipping times will vary depending on the accessibility to the final delivery point. For example, it might take more time to deliver the package to rural areas than to metropolitan areas.
- If tracking code indicates that the package was delivered, we will take no responsibility if missing.
- The minimum order for free shipping is as follows:
- European Union: $150
- Rest of the World: $150
Cancelling an order
- Please review your selection extra carefully before completing payment, once payment has been completed it is unlikely that we will be able to prevent shipping in time. Therefore you cannot cancel an order once it has been paid.
- All orders are subject to confirmation by Montefortuna. Montefortuna Cigars reserves the right to limit order quantities for a given product. In case an ordered product is not available at the time of shipping, we will inform you in a timely manner.
Out of stock Policy
- If the client is entitled to a replacement for a damaged shipment or a lost package (if the Priority Plus method was selected), the amount would be credited to the customer’s account to be used for future orders. The client may request direct reimbursement to the credit card or bank account used to make the order if justified.
- In case of a damaged shipment, a visual proof (photograph or video) must be sent not after 24h from the shipment arrival.
- Guaranteed Delivery: In the event of loss or seizure of the product, Montefortuna will offer an option for refund or replacement on a case-on-case basis. It will only be considered lost or seized after 30 business days since the day you received your shipping info for priority orders and 45 days for standard orders. Please note the following countries can not apply to the delivery guarantee: China, Germany, UK, Canada and Australia.
- * During the Coronavirus crisis, the guaranteed delivery policy will be available after 45 business days since receiving shipping info for priority shipping method and 60 days for standard shipping method. Delays will occur and that doesn’t mean packages have been lost or seized.
- In the case of mold in your cigars. If your cigars show signs of having anything that could be considered mold, plume or bloom, will make you elegible for a replacement or refund of your order at no additional cost.
In case you need any more information/clarification please, do not hesitate to contact us:
- Please note we will only refund the return shipping cost if our team determines the cigars are defective in any way, or the incorrect cigars have been shipped.
- We may only apply the return policy to cigars that have been quality checked, which occurs always unless otherwise stated.
- If cigars have been requested to be sent sealed this refund policy will not be enforceable.
- The Habanos Bar Code might be opened due to a first inspection by the Official Habanos Distributor. After that first quality check, official distributors add their specific seal. That is the one that will remain untouched when selecting “Box Sealed”. Even though the Habanos Bar Code is opened, it will always be there for quality check. At Montefortuna Cigars we do not sell boxes without Official Bar Codes under any circumstances.
Refer a Friend
- In order to benefit from this offer you must has placed at least 1 (one) order with Montefortuna Cigars.
- The referred person may not have previously been registered in Montefortuna.
- The referred person may not have the same address as the referring party, any indications of foul play or trying to take advantage of the promotion will invalidate this offer.
- All other regular terms and conditions apply to this promotion as well.
- Once you have referred a person and you have received your coupon you have a maximum of 1 (one) calendar week to use the coupon.
- The base amount to calculate the 5% on the referee will only be over the purchase amount, after discounts but before shipping costs.